[Xorp-hackers] Xorp indentation

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Mar 14 10:47:36 PDT 2012

It seems that the indentation in use in xorp is:

Indentation is 4 spaces.
Tabs are 8 spaces.
A block of 8 spaces is replaced with a tab.

There is some config at the top of each file that makes emacs
do this properly:

// -*- c-basic-offset: 4; tab-width: 8; indent-tabs-mode: t -*-

I'm unsure of other editors, but if someone can document how to
do this in eclipse and other editors, please do so.  Regardless
of personal preferences, I think we should leave the basic
indentation rules as they are and follow them so that the
code remains consistent and we are not constantly doing
trivial white-space changes that obscure the 'git blame'
and similar functionality.