[Xorp-hackers] Xmpp support in XORP

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Mon Jun 3 14:33:19 PDT 2013

On 05/10/2013 06:53 AM, Avinash Sridharan wrote:
> Hi,
> I was wondering if XORP comes with an XMPP server. I was trying to see if there is an interface that can be used by third party routing stacks (say an open flow
> controller) to remotely configure XORP.

You can use xorpsh as a command-line interface to (re)configure Xorp.  It takes
commands on the cmd-line so you can batch it from another program fairly easily.

CRC.gc.ca folks posted a xorp wrapper that might be useful for this,
but I think the patches I added to it to fix some compile problems
broke it somehow.  I don't have a way to test the wrapper at this time.