[Xorp-mirrors] anoncvs1 mirror problem

Bruce M Simpson bms at incunabulum.net
Sat Oct 25 02:42:24 PDT 2008

Kristian Larsson wrote:
> Right. That would be me running that server. I've
> actually discussed this with Pavlin or Atanu quite
> some time ago but have forgotten about it.. was
> something with version of cvsd or something. I'll
> see if I can look into it.. if it hasn't been
> fixed by say.. Monday, we could remove the mirror
> for now.

I investigated this and it looks like we're using the LocalKeyword
parameter in CVSROOT/config on anoncvs.xorp.org, so I guess your mirror
must have picked this up.

We are specifically using the FreeBSD-shipping cvs 1.12.12 (client/server).

Can you check if your system's cvs binary has been compiled with server
support, and is it at least version 1.12.x ?

cvsd is just a wrapper for cvs. However the pserver on anoncvs.xorp.org
is running with a custom wrapper -- I don't know for sure if this is
cvsd or not, Atanu may know more about this specific setup.

thanks
BMS