[Xorp-users] journalist/ need informations

Orion Hodson orion@icir.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 11:54:29 -0700

On Apr 20, 2004, at 07:48, Frascaria Kareen wrote:

> Hi,
>  I'm working for a french magazine, and I'm interested in XORP, but I
> would need more info.
>  Is there anyone that could quickly provide me answers to these
> questions :
>  -what is the pros & cons of XORP ?
> -it seems to me that routing vendors are working this way already, so
> I don't see why XORP is so interesting ? price and performance ? For
> the price point, it seems to me that some routers are not so
> expensive.
>  -what is the impact on the market for such a platform ? What kind of
> final customer could be interested in ? Would it be in competion with
> other routers vendors, and if not, why?
> Thanks a lot for your time and answers

Kareen

We've put together the start of an FAQ that uses these questions as a
starting point.  It's available online at:

	http://www.xorp.org/faq.html

It's not yet referenced from other pages on the website.  If you have
any comments or suggestions, please let us know.

Thanks
	Orion