[Xorp-users] open ports

Emmanuel Dreyfus manu@netbsd.org
Fri, 13 Aug 2004 08:23:18 +0200

Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin@icir.org> wrote:

> Just curious, do you really mean IPv4 PIM-SM router, or is it IPv6?

It's IPv4 PIM-SM.

> The reason I ask this is because currently NetBSD doesn't have PIM
> kernel support for IPv4 (but only for IPv6).

There are unintegrated PIM patches available, I'm running them.
Moreover, xorp is running with igmp disabled and dr-priority = 0. Thus
it never have to send encapsulated mulicast packets, the upstream and
dowtream routers always handle that.

Is it possible that this configuration could work without the kernel PIM
patches? It only have to exchange PIM packets with neightbors and
install multicast routes.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
Il y a 10 sortes de personnes dans le monde: ceux qui comprennent