[Xorp-users] Linux 2.6 multicast issue using PIM

Chris Robson crobson@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Thu, 19 Aug 2004 01:20:12 -0400

--=======7BB17866=======

First, this appears not to be a problem with XORP alone but so far as I can
tell every implementation of the protocol stack and Linux 2.6, aka zebra
and GATED (commerical) have the same problem.  PIM doesnt seem to reply to
hello messages, aka no multicast routing is successful.  Yes, this isnt
much and I apologies for what little information I'm giving here, just
havent had the time to collect much more at this point.  What I really
would like to know is.... has anyone heard of multicast problems with Linux
2.6 in general.  What I have heard, via rumor mill, is there is a fix,
something to do with how the API has changed in Linux 2.6 and the mutlicast
process.

thanks...chris

---