[Xorp-users] IPv6 multicast forwarding help needed

Darko Paric darkoparic@net.hr
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 15:00:57 +0200

  We are using two boxes with Live CD. We are trying to establish simple
testing network with two clients and two routers between them.  One client
sends multicast stream and the other client should be able to receive that
stream. (we use VLC apllication). PIMSM6 & MLD seem to work, but there is
no multicast forwarding ie. packets from stream reach inner interface but
none are forwarded on outer interface.

could someone send a sugesstion

here is our configuration:

/*XORP Configuration File*/
interfaces {
    interface rl0 {
	enabled: true
	default-system-config
        vif rl0 {
		enabled: true
        }
    }
    interface rl1 {
	enabled: true
	default-system-config
        vif rl1 {
		enabled: true
        }
    }
    interface lo0 {
        vif lo0 {
        }
    }
}
fea {
	enable-unicast-forwarding6: true
}

protocols {
	static {
		route6 ::/0 {
			nexthop: 2001:b68:e201:2
			metric: 1
		}
	}
}

plumbing {
	mfea6 {
		enabled: true
		interface rl0 {
			vif rl0 {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
		interface rl1 {
			vif rl1 {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
		interface register_vif {
			vif register_vif {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
		traceoptions {
			flag all {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
	}
}
protocols {
	mld {
		enabled: true
		interface rl1 {
			vif rl1 {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
		traceoptions {
			flag all {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
	}
}
protocols {
	pimsm6 {
		enabled: true
		interface rl0 {
			vif rl0 {
				enabled: true
				dr-priority: 1
			}
		}
		interface register_vif {
			vif register_vif {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
		static-rps {
			rp 2001:b68:e201::1 {
				group-prefix ff00::/8 {
					rp-priority: 192
					hash-mask-len: 126
				}
			}
		}
		switch-to-spt-threshold {
			enabled: true
			interval-sec: 100
			bytes: 102400
		}
		traceoptions {
			flag all {
				enabled: true
			}
		}
	}
}
protocols {
	fib2mrib {
		enabled: true
	}
}

--
Sudjelujte u Iskon Bonus nagradnom programu i osvajajte nagrade.
Saznajte više na web adresi http://www.iskon.biz/bonus/