[Xorp-users] Peer error

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 20 Aug 2004 13:33:49 -0700

The BGP protocol is totally stateful. It does not use periodic refreshes
of state to synchronise BGP processes. A BGP speaker is therefore
required to send all its winning routes when a new session is
established.

The XORP BGP will send all the winning routes when a new session is
established.

Take a look in bgp/harness/test_peering2.sh, it contains tests to verify
that we handle sessions being brought up and taken down, it
also demonstrates how to add peerings using XRLs.

	Atanu.