[Xorp-users] Peer error

Nathan K doesnotcount@hotmail.com
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 13:57:24 -0400

It seems as though I want to make my own bgp daemon that uses the BGPPeer
class without a peer handler as I'm not interested in the plumbing. I have
two goals, send customized Update packets to routers where different routers
get different update packets targeted to them. The second goal is to parse
incoming update packets from routers to determine AS to Subnet mappings.

Is there any reason why I couldn't design a daemon that creates a list of
BGPPeer objects and sends out specific updates to each BGPPeer object? And
as well has these BGPPeer objects receiving updates from other routers and
storing information about those routes?

Thanks.

-Nathan.