[Xorp-users] Linux 2.6 multicast issue using PIM

Chris Robson crobson@cmf.nrl.navy.mil
Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:58:33 -0400

--=======763D54E8=======

Pavlin

Sorry, I thought I said, all my linux boxes where directly connected to
each other.  But anyway, you have asked for info whcih will take me a few
days to collect, which I already have started doing, namely, updating all
boxes in the cofnigure with the latest Fedora Core 2 updates (which
includes a kernel update) and I did a CVS pull and rebuild.  One question
however, when I do "make check" on the XORP build, it fails one of the
tests (I'll have to get that info to you later), should I focus on making
sure it passes all tests, or not worry about the check test.  Again the
test config is .......

Host<---->Linux RTR<--->Linux RTR<--->Linux RTR<--->host

All RTRs are directly connected to each other, hosts will actually be
connected to associated Linux RTR via a Linksys
hub.  I.E.   Host<-->Linksys Hub<-->Linux RTR.  But the Linux RTR links are
"not" thru the hub but RTR to RTR direct.

I'll need about a week to complete this, unfortunately I have a job that is
getting in the way of fun stuff......

Well, U have ask me to collect some info so off I go.....

Thanks again for all the help........l8r....chris

---