[Xorp-users] Linux 2.6 multicast issue using PIM

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:59:45 -0700

Chris,

I am glad that the new setup is starting to work for you.
I don't know why the older machine has been behaving that way. It
could be a hardware problem (e.g., faulty network card), but it
could be something else.
I haven't followed the Linux kernel changes, so I don't know whether
older versions of the kernel had some problems that had been fixed
later.

Re. configuring XORP in general, in addition to the documentation
available from the web site, you can have a look in the
xorp/docs/user_manual/user_manual.{ps,pdf} document (though you need
to have Latex installed to compile it). That document is much more
detailed about the documents from the web site.

About the "configure" problem you have, can you send the relevant
error/log messages from the xorpsh and from the rtrmgr.

Regards,
Pavlin