[Xorp-users] MLD on FreeBSD

Bernhard Schmidt berni@birkenwald.de
Sat, 04 Dec 2004 01:37:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm desperately trying to have my gateway IPv6 multicast forwarding
enabled having tested ecmh, pim6sd and now xorp (which seems to be the
best approach)

It is a FreeBSD 5.3-STABLE box (CVSUPed Nov 24) with the current xorp
CVS (Nov 29) with the following interfaces

vr0:	Ethernet to clients
tun0:	PPPoE to DSL provider
gif0:	IPv6-in-IPv4 unicast tunnel
gif1:	IPv6-in-IPv4 multicast tunnel

xorp itself and PIM seems to work quite fine, I can see the neighborship
on the Cisco on the other side of gif1. My problems are concerning MLD.
I can see MLDv1 listener queries sent by xorp on the wire (and they are
nicely recorded in the trace)

[ 2004/12/04 01:31:14 TRACE xorp_mld MLD6IGMP ] TX MLD_LISTENER_QUERY
from fe80::240:63ff:fed3:e0f0 to ff02::1
[ 2004/12/04 01:31:14 TRACE xorp_mld MLD6IGMP ] TX MLD_LISTENER_QUERY
from fe80::240:63ff:fed3:e0f0 to ff02::1

but when I'm subscribing a multicast group on a client directly
connected on vr0 nothing happens. I can see the MLDv1 listener report in
tcpdump on the xorp-host, but there is no logmessage and no group is
visible in xorpsh. Setting the interface to promisc mode did not help.

Any tricks I missed? I've saved the configuration at

http://www.birkenwald.de/~berni/tmp/xorp.txt

Thanks in advance
Bernhard