[Xorp-users] OpenBSD-3.6 segfaults

Troy Benjegerdes hozer@hozed.org
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 20:42:46 -0600

On Fri, Dec 03, 2004 at 05:34:03PM -0800, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> > I am attempting to build xorp-1.0 on openbsd-3.6. I had some build
> > failures in bgp/harness, but I'm failing some 'make test' tests with
> > segfaults, and xorp_rtrmgr is segfaulting on startup.
> >
> > Any ideas? I just want to run PIM-SM.. can I do that without
> > xorp_rtrmgr?
>
> Troy,
>
> If you want to run PIM-SM on OpenBSD-3.6, currently you cannot do
> it, because the vanilla 3.6 kernel doesn't have the PIM-SM support.
> You can try some of the patches available from
> http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/openbsd/
> or
> http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/openbsd/patches/
>
> but those are against OpenBSD-current, so there is no guarantee they
> will even apply cleanly for 3.6.
>
> FYI, most of stuff in the incremental patches from the second URL
> has been applied to the OpenBSD-current source tree. The last (most
> important) patch is pending review from the OpenBSD folks.
> Hopefully, sometime soon it will be applied to the source tree, and
> will be part of the next OpenBSD release.

I applied the patches to the latest OPENBSD_3_6 cvs (stable branch), and
after fixing up a few things, got a kernel out. Some of the things
have already been applied to the 3.6 stable branch.

If you are interested, I have a patch against 3.6 at
http://scl.ameslab.gov/~troy/obsd-3.6-pim.patch

Any ideas on the segfault? I'm waiting for a complete rebuild at the
moment on the off chance the PIM headers changing caused something
goofy. What should I start looking at?

(FYI, I used the stock openbsd gcc-2.95 compiler)