[Xorp-users] compile error, killed cc1plus

Michael Prochaska (FH) tm021090@fh-stpoelten.ac.at
Fri, 10 Dec 2004 00:21:22 +0100

> Hmmm, looks like a compiler bug.
> Can you try to compile the lastest XORP code from the anon-CVS
> repository and see if you still trigger the same bug?

i'll try it tomorrow!

> If this doesn't help, can you try a different gcc compiler?
> It seems that the gcc-3.3.4 compiler is marked as "testing" in the
> Debian packages, hence you may want to try some of the gcc-2.9x
> "stable" compilers (or the gcc-3.3.5 "unstable" if you feel more
> adventurous).

that was my first idea after mailing to the list....i've installed g++ 2.9.4
(debian stable) => same error

by the way, it's a knoppix harddisk install, no idea if this could be a
problem (in principle it's a stable-testing-unstable mixed debian)

> Regards,
> Pavlin

best regards,
michael