[Xorp-users] XORP on NetBSD 2.0

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Mon, 13 Dec 2004 11:08:04 -0800

> Just wanted to report that XORP-1.0 compiled like a charm on
> shiny new NetBSD 2.0.

Great!

> Is anybody aware of PIM support under NetBSD 2.0?

In the beginning of September, the PIM support was commited to the
NetBSD cvs repository, but unfortunately it didn't make the cut to
be included in the NetBSD-2.0 release.

Unfortunately, I am not aware of a PIM patch for 2.0.
You can try the following patch that was applied to NetBSD-current,
but there is no guarantee it will even apply cleanly to 2.0:

http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/netbsd/README
http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/netbsd/sys.20040826.patch
http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/netbsd/netstat.20040826.patch
http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/netbsd/pim.h.20040826
http://www.icir.org/pavlin/.private/netbsd/pim_var.h.20040826

Though, I don't expect to see huge difference in the relevant
code, so you may be able to correct the errors (if any) by hand.