[Xorp-users] Problems with 'priviledged instruction fault' and 1.0RC

Dave Price dave.price@aber.ac.uk
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 18:50:36 +0100

Dear Adam,

adam@hiddennet.net said:
> No sorry, my FreeBSD knowledge isn't up to speed at the moment so I'm
> not sure what would cause it to only detect 3 out of the 4 cards. The
> other xorp guys might know. Perhaps one thing worth trying is to find
> out is, is the 4th card not being detected because it is broken or has
> an interupt clash etc or because there is a limit on the number of
> interfaces. I know the xorp test bed machines have 9 interfaces, but I
> can't remember if they did anything special with them (they are not
> rtl8139's ).

Thanks for that. The "interrupts" issue is one I was thinking aboput myself.
I notice that one of the cards had the same interrupt allocated
as a "multimedia" card and a serial i/o card.  I removed the multimedia
card, but problem remained.   I'll try to see if I can manually
moved interrupts around in the bios or whatever.

Dave