[Xorp-users] Problems with 'priviledged instruction fault' and 1.0RC

Dave Price dap@aber.ac.uk
Thu, 08 Jul 2004 16:54:44 +0100

Dear Adam,

adam@hiddennet.net said:
> A quick check to see where the problem might lie is to get hold of one
> of the recent FreeBSD 4.8/4.9/4.10 install CDs and check that this
> boots on the machine in question as the Xorp live cd is based on
> freebsd. I can't quite remember which version though, if you manage to
> see the version number whilst the Xorp LiveCD is booting pick that
> version and try that.

Thanks for reply.  It looks like the machine did not really want to run
at 350 Mhz, its had soft CPU setting, the defaulty for which turned out
to be 233 so I set to that and faults went away.

Now though, it only seems to want to spot three of my ethernet cards,
not all four.   They have a rtl8139d chip on them.  It spots rl0, rl1 and rl2
but no more.  Any ideas??

I'm also having trouble with floppy drive... but I expect that is hardware
related so I plan to swap that with another (I already tried two others
but they were completely dead....).

Dave Price