[Xorp-users] Trouble compiling in FreeBSD 4.10-stable

Atanu Ghosh atanu@ICSI.Berkeley.EDU
Fri, 09 Jul 2004 08:34:43 -0700

    Joćo> Atanu Ghosh wrote:
    >> We have managed to reproduce the problem.  It seems the compiler
    >> warning is generated when the optimizer is used. We haven't been
    >> testing with the '--enable-optimize' option to configure. We will
    >> be now:-(.

    Joćo>      FYI, i used this command line to configure:

    Joćo> ./configure --enable-optimize --enable-advanced-mcast-api
    Joćo> --without-snmp

    Joćo>      Do you think it's safe to use -march=i686 -mcpu=i686 in
    Joćo> compiler flags?

Its not something that we have tried, however I don't see why it
wouldn't work. If you try it, I recommend running the regression tests
to check for obvious problems.

By the way, the error generated when compiling with the optimizer has
now been fixed and is in the CVS repository. Unfortunately it didn't
make it to the 1.0 Release.

	 Atanu.