[Xorp-users] Adding a new user to a LiveCD boot of XORP

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri, 16 Jul 2004 21:02:33 +0100

>M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk said:
>> If you can login as root on the console, you can use the adduser
>> command.
>
>I've been trying that, but its fighting back....  Its complaining
>about a missing config file and that shells are not valid and ...
>
>I'll try again...

Ooops - my bad.  I should have added /usr/local/xorp/bin/xorpsh to
/etc/shells.  You could manually do this before using adduser.

Let me know if you succeed.  If not, let be know, and I'll generate
you a new ISO that gives you the ability to login as root via ssh.

>The main reason I think I need to be "root" is that
>there is no ping or traceroute command available in xorpsh
>and so its a bit hard trying to see what works from that end....

I'll submit a bugzilla report on this, just to make sure it gets on
the wish list and doesn't get forgotten.  We should have operational
mode command support for traceroute and ping from xorpsh.

Any other common commands people would like?

Cheers,
	Mark