[Xorp-users] Well - I'm half working....

edrt edrt@citiz.net
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 13:27:38 +0800

>>>Hi Dave :
>>>
>>>From the (*, 233.3.18.1) TIB state, it seems that
>>> * rl3 of the Xorp router shares the address 146.97.34.8
>>> * rl3 is the RP of group 233.3.18.1
>>
>>Sorry, the above deduction seems broken :(
>>
>>Because the only situation I have seen that "Upstream state = Joined" while "RPF'(*,G) = UNKNOWN",
>>is the router itself is the RP, but at that situation the Upstream interface (RP) should be register_vif.
>>I didn't notice that at the first glance.
>>
>>The XORP router could register data to RP but could not draw data from RP.
>>I doubt the problem may be related to the default MRIB route.
>>So I suggest you make a static route to RP at the XORP router, and see if things works.
>>

>>Eddy
>>

>And according to the MRIB and neighbor information you provided,
>this may also be the root of the problem :
>
>The Xorp router failed to send Join(*,233.3.18.1) to 144.124.35.254,
>because Xorp router haven't learn hello from 144.124.35.254.
>
>But what puzzles me is that at this situation, how could the
>(*,233.3.18.1) TIB entry's Upstream state be in Joined state ?

After checking the source code, I find Xorp-PIMSM will send Join even if
it has not yet saw hello from the upstream neighbor.

Could it because cisco router rejects the Join(*, 233.3.18.1) signal Xorp
router sends to it, because the rpf neighbor indicated in the Join is 144.124.35.254?

Eddy