[Xorp-users] (Most) Multicast packets arriving twice

Dave Price dave.price@aber.ac.uk
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:47:03 +0100

Dear Pavlin, Mark and All,

	Thanks for latest reply.  My local colleague, Hefin,
is out of the office for a couple of days so experiments/tests
largely suspended.

	There is also a close limit on what we can monitor, as
even the "local riverstone" mentioned in my earlier email
is operated by the provider (an academic regional network).

	I also gather that our main contact at the regional provider
is also off for a few days so there are things we can't easily
get monitored.

	On the ID field in packets issue,

pavlin@icir.org said:
> Is this consistent for some subset of the beacon clients?

It appears so to me.  It would be interesting to try to work
out what OSs are involved with the beacons that also
set it to zero.

Anyway, quiet from me for a while, no doubt I'll pester you all again early
next week once Hefin and I can co-ordinate our testing and get the regional
provider to check things too.

Bye

Dave Price