[Xorp-users] A sample config.boot for linux to test pim part of xorp.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:37:34 -0700

> I have downloaded and compiled xorp on a linux box and i would like use it
> as multicast gateway. I would like to know if some one can provide an
> sample config.boot for my test. I have two interfaces on which i want to run
> pim (eth3 and eth2 ) and the RP i should use is any cast static RP.
>
> I have try to use sample config.boot provided by the source code but there
> no sample for the pim part of xorp.
>
> I have already test this  doing modification on configure_pim file and running
> test_pim and it work well. but I would like also test rtrmgr.

Philippe,

Below I am including a sample config file that you can use for
multicast routing. If you are going to use static RPs, then you need
only to uncomment the static-rps section and add your RPs.

Please let us know whether it works for you or whether you have any
comments/suggestions/etc, because we are very close to rolling-out
our 1.0 Release Candidate.

interfaces {
    interface eth2 {
	default-system-config
    }
    interface eth3 {
	default-system-config
    }
}

fea {
    enable-unicast-forwarding4: true
    /* enable-unicast-forwarding6: true */
}

plumbing {
    mfea4 {
	interface eth2 {
	    vif eth2 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface eth3 {
	    vif eth2 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface register_vif {
	    vif register_vif {
		/* Note: this vif should be always enabled */
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
    }
}

protocols {
    igmp {
	interface eth2 {
	    vif eth2 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface eth3 {
	    vif eth3 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	traceoptions {
	    flag all {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
    }
}

protocols {
    pimsm4 {
	interface eth2 {
	    vif eth2 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface eth3 {
	    vif eth3 {
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
	interface register_vif {
	    vif register_vif {
		/* Note: this vif should be always enabled */
		enabled: true
	    }
	}
/*