[Xorp-users] A sample config.boot for linux to test pim part of xorp.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sat, 05 Jun 2004 10:43:28 -0700

> > I have downloaded and compiled xorp on a linux box and i would like use it
> > as multicast gateway. I would like to know if some one can provide an
> > sample config.boot for my test. I have two interfaces on which i want to run
> > pim (eth3 and eth2 ) and the RP i should use is any cast static RP.
> >
> > I have try to use sample config.boot provided by the source code but there
> > no sample for the pim part of xorp.
> >
> > I have already test this  doing modification on configure_pim file and running
> > test_pim and it work well. but I would like also test rtrmgr.
>
> Philippe,
>
> Below I am including a sample config file that you can use for
> multicast routing. If you are going to use static RPs, then you need
> only to uncomment the static-rps section and add your RPs.

Opps, I forgot to mention that you must use the lastest code from
the CVS repository. In other words, release-0.5 won't work with the
configuration I sent you.

Pavlin