[Xorp-users] A sample config.boot for linux to test pim part of xorp.

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 14:52:10 -0700

Philippe,

> interface. All the multicast routing seem to be working like the way it run=
> =20
> when i use the test_pim program. The only thing i doesn't really understand=
> =20
> is the following ERROR on the log output.

Can you send the complete config file and the complete log from the
moment you start the rtrmgr to the moment you stop it.
By looking in the "xorp_on_argos.txt" log file it appears that
there are some XRLs with target PIMSM_6, which is the IPv6 PIM-SM
target, but the configuration file I sent you doesn't contain the
section for configuring PIM-SM for IPv6.

In general, the Linux kernel doesn't support multicast routing for
IPv6, so if you have enabled IPv6 multicast in your XORP config file
then you should disable it.

Pavlin