[Xorp-users] user group problem to run xorpsh

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Fri, 26 Nov 2004 08:23:51 +0000

>On Thu, Nov 25, 2004 at 02:38:13PM +0530, Avinash Aithal wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm a newbie to this group. I just installed Xorp on a Linux machine and
>> could start the xorp_rtrmgr without problems. But I'm not able to enter
>> the 'configure mode' using xorpsh. I've logged in as a user who belongs
>> to group 'xorp'.
>
>On the terminal that is running xorp_rtrmgr, what do you see when you type
>'configure' in xorpsh?
>
>I am having the same problem except that my Finder's XRL resolver is down, whi
>ch
>I'll need to figure out why...

One idea: if you have a machine that doesn't have a configured
loopback interface, the communication with the finder might fail to be
set up correctly.  I vaguely remember seeing this problem a couple or
years back, so I don't know is this is still an issue or not.

 - Mark