[Xorp-users] Linux 2.6 multicast issue using PIM

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Sun, 05 Sep 2004 10:11:55 -0700

Chris,

> The enclosed drawing shows some results from this weekends testing.  The
> bottomline is, the last Fedora Core 2 updates probably fixed the multicast
> issues I was having.
>
> I'm not sure this shows all you'd like to see or all you wanted me to
> try.  If not please let me know and I'll be glad to test some more things
> you suggest.

The figure with the results looks good.

> The next two things on my plate is to figure out why I can get the Xorpsh
> configure command to work (aka it keeps telling me I dont have permissions
> yet I have the "xorp" account created and I am root when running Xorpsh).

That is odd. The only permission you need is to run xorpsh as an
user that belongs to group "xorp", but you have done this already.
Can you send me the exact error messages from the rtrmgr and xorpsh?

> And, ospf isnt built when I run the make?

No, it is not built on Linux. However, even if it builds, currently
the implementation under ospfd is not working, therefore you don't
need to waste any time trying to fix it.

> Is there anything else you'd like me to try in my little network here?

I think that's it. Thanks!

Pavlin