[Xorp-users] Groups issue followup FYI

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Tue, 14 Sep 2004 19:59:55 -0700

> I finally narrowed the "group" problem.  Your statement reads the
> user "xorp" must belong to group "xorp" which I understand and under
> Fedora user account creation is the default.  The problem isnt xorp
> belonging to group xorp the problem is xorp belonging to other user's
> group.  That is if you log in a <me>, then xorp must belong to <me>'s
> group.  Another words in Fedora Core 2, in the "Users and Groups" GUI
> you need to make sure within the xorp users name properties within
> the "Users" tab option under "Properties" item "Groups" any other
> user groups you might login as are checked.
>
> Just thought all would like to know what I found.......later.....

Interesting. Which GUI command did you use to add the users and the
groups?

Myself, I just used "vipw" to add the users, and "vi" to add group
"xorp" to /etc/group. As a result of that I didn't have any
problems. BTW, when I used the "system-config-users" GUI, I found
some mismatch between the list of groups that were added to the
system and the list of groups shown by that GUI...