[Xorp-users] 1.1-RC can't change MRIB nexthop

Achmad Husni Thamrin Achmad Husni Thamrin <ahthamrin@gmail.com>
Sat, 2 Apr 2005 18:06:45 +0900

On Apr 2, 2005 5:56 PM, Pavlin Radoslavov <pavlin@icir.org> wrote:
> > Dear Pavlin/Atanu,
> >
> > I am testing XORP 1.1-RC for PIM-SM multicast routing and I found a bug.
> > The bug is XORP doesn't change the MRIB nexthop if I change the
> > nexthop of a route.
> > Adding and removing a route is fine.
> >
> > I am running XORP on FreeBSD 4.10-Release.
> >
> > Would you check this problem?
>
> Husni,
>
> How do we replicate the problem? E.g., do you use static_routes, and
> then you change the nexthop via xorpsh or do you use some other
> mechanism.

I used the "route change" command from the login shell.
I guess the similar mechanism will apply when I use Zebra beasts as
the unicast routing daemons, since XORP will have to detect route
changes from the kernel.

--

<husni>