FW: [Xorp-users] XORP 1.1RC Install under OpenBSD 3.6

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 14 Apr 2005 19:48:37 -0700

> > I don't remember whether I have tried vanilla OpenBSD-3.6, but you
> > may have a look in the OpenBSD-3.5 section in BUILD_NOTES and see if
> > the info there will help you for 3.6.
> > I have tried with OpenBSD-3.6-current (as of February 2005) on amd64
> > and i386 (the default compiler is gcc (GCC) 3.3.5 (propolice)), and
> > I haven't seen that compilation error.
>
> vanilla OpenBSD-3.6 has gcc-2.95, and does not work.

OK, thanks for the info. So it seems the solution for 3.6 is to
install a newer compiler from the ports collection.

Jason, could you try that and tell us if it fixes the problem.
If "yes", then we will update BUILD_NOTES for OpenBSD-3.6 as well.