[Xorp-users] XORP RIP enabled. Why are static routes required?

Swati Sinha Deb Swati.SinhaDeb@bristol.ac.uk
Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:40:49 +0100

Hi Pavlin,

Many thanks for the reply. I have exported the connected routes via RIP but
still cannot figure it out why it is not creating the correct routing
table. Please find my XORP configuration. Can you please advice.

interfaces {
    interface eth4 {
	disable: false
	default-system-config
    }
    interface eth3 {
	disable: false
	default-system-config
    }
}

fea {
    unicast-forwarding4 {
	disable: false
    }
    click {
	disable: false

	/*
	 * Set duplicate-routes-to-kernel to true if the XORP routes
	 * added to Click should be added to the system kernel as well.
	 */
	duplicate-routes-to-kernel: false

	/*
	 * Note: If both kernel-click and user-click are enabled, then
	 * typically kernel-click-config-generator-file and
	 * user-click-config-generator-file should point to different
	 * generator files. Otherwise, a single common generator
	 * wouldn't know whether to generate configuration for kernel-level
	 * Click or for user-level Click.
	 */
	kernel-click {
	    disable: true
	    install-on-startup:	true
	    kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/proclikefs.o:/path/to/click.o"
	    /* XXX: On FreeBSD we need only module click.ko */
	    /* kernel-click-modules: "/path/to/click.ko" */
	    mount-directory: "/click"
	    kernel-click-config-generator-file:
"/usr/local/xorp/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
	}

	user-click {
	    disable: false
	    command-file: "/home/eessd/click/bin/click"
	    /*
	     * Note: don't add "-p <port>" as an extra argument, because it
	     * will conflict with the FEA's addition of the same argument.
	     */
	    command-extra-arguments: "-R"
	    command-execute-on-startup: true
	    control-address: 127.0.0.1
	    control-socket-port: 13000
	    startup-config-file: "/dev/null"
	    user-click-config-generator-file:
/usr/local/xorp/fea/xorp_fea_click_config_generator"
	}
    }
}

protocols {
    rip {
/* Redistribute routes for connected interfaces */
	export connected {
	    metric: 0
	    tag: 0
	}
/* Run on specified network interface addresses */
	interface eth4 {
	    vif eth4 {
	      address 172.20.1.1 {
		    disable: false