[Xorp-users] Problem

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:37:24 -0700

> I have a problem. Yesterday, before I shut it down, my xorp had worked
> correctly, no problem.
> Today, I started the xorp_rtrmgr process, OK. And then when I tried to
> start the xorpsh process, I had this message:
> Failed to register with router manager process
> 102 Command failed Failed to close temporary
> file=3D/tmp/rtrmgr-xorpsh-27664-simubas
> Note that simubas is the name of the machine, and that I'm the only one
> working on it..
> Of course, the file /tmp/rtrmgr-xoepsh-* does not exist!!

Yes, the temporary file doesn't exist, because on error the rtrmgr
deletes it (see rtrmgr/xrl_rtrmgr_interface.cc and search for
"Failed to close temporary file").

I'd suggest to exit both the rtrmgr and xorpsh, make sure that you
don't have any leftover XORP-related processes running in
background, and then start again the rtrmgr.