[Xorp-users] Hardware Question

Kristian Larsson kristian@juniks.net
Thu, 4 Aug 2005 20:04:42 +0200

Whops, I messed up a bit there (forgot cc:ing the list)....

anyway, I think (and this is more of a gut feeling than hard facts) that most
people that use xorp at all use it for testing and development.

I myself would not put xorp in production yet, mostly because I need support
for both OSPF and BGP. XORP lack neither but the BGP policy framework is
brand new and this is something I use quite heavily and thus I need it to be
rock solid.

Don't get me wrong, xorp is still a great piece of software and I'm following
it's progress very closely.

According to the roadmap, version 1.2 should be released in August. Hopefully
it will and hopefully it will support bgp policies and be quite stable at it.
I will probably put it in a "production-test" at a less crucial point in my
network to see how it behaves.

You should try it out for yourself and listen to others experiences.

Regards,
Kristian