[Xorp-users] XORP Development Roadmap

Caldwell Jason caldwell_jason@bah.com
Wed, 24 Aug 2005 17:38:00 -0400

Pavlin,

My question wasn't meant to be specific nor does this have to be
anything formal, but can you tell me what additional features or
capabilities that either going be add or improved upon in the next
release..??  (example; adding of a routing protocols, web base
management,  patches)

Based off of the roadmap web page the next release is 1.2 in August, can
you tell me what the differences are between 1.1 and 1.2, and the same
question applies the other future releases, 1.2 -1.3 and 1.3-1.4...

Thanks again, Jason

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlin Radoslavov [mailto:pavlin@icir.org]
Sent: Wednesday, August 24, 2005 5:09 PM
To: Caldwell Jason
Cc: Pavlin Radoslavov; xorp-users@xorp.org; Foy Joseph; Melendez
Francisco
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] XORP Development Roadmap

[Note: xorp-announce@xorp.org is removed from the CC list because it is
a read-only ML and is used only for announcements from the XORP team]

> I just have a general question about the development roadmap, is there

> a document that describes the differences or added capabilities
> between the different the current and future releases..??

There is no detailed document that describes our future plans.
The XORP roadmap web page (http://www.xorp.org/roadmap.html) is the
closest to such document. In addition, the next 1.2 release will contain
the new policy support.

Please let us know if you have any specific questions about particular
capabilities.

Pavlin