[Xorp-users] Not able to enter to conf mode

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:15:35 -0700

> I am new to Xorp Router.I have downloaded and complied the code.I am not
> able to enter to configuration mode even if I run xorpsh from user who
> is part of Xorp group.
> I would like to know what is the problem.Is there anything missing?
> =0D
> I have pasted the output below
> =0D
> Best regards,
> Sudheer
> =0D
> [sudheer@NPE rtrmgr]$ whoami
> sudheer
> [sudheer@NPE rtrmgr]$ ls -l xorpsh
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 sudheer  xorp     15108507 Aug 25 16:55 xorpsh
> [sudheer@NPE rtrmgr]$ groups sudheer
> sudheer : xorp
> [sudheer@NPE rtrmgr]$ ./xorpsh
> Welcome to XORP on NPE
> Xorp> configure
> ERROR: You do not have permission for this operation..
> Xorp>

What version of XORP are you using and what OS?
If I remember correctly, there was a related bug (triggered under
certain circumstances) that was fixed after release 1.1.
Hence can you get the most recent version from anon. CVS
(http://www.xorp.org/cvs.html) and try it.

Pavlin