[Xorp-users] Not able to enter to conf mode

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 00:22:43 -0700

> I am using XORP version 1.1 and Red hat linux release 9.
>
> I tried to checkout xorp from CVS and I could not..
>
> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$ setenv CVSROOT
> :pserver:xorpcvs@cvs.xorp.org:/cvs
> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$ cvs login
> Logging in to :pserver:xorpcvs@cvs.xorp.org:2401/cvs
> CVS password:
> Unknown host cvs.xorp.org.

It looks like there is hostname issue. Can you try:
nslookup cvs.xorp.org

> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$
>
> Which is latest version of XORP in which this BUG is fixed and how can I
> get it ?

After checking earlier modifications of the relevant code, I
realized that I lied to you. The particular fix I had in mind was
applied before release 1.1 but probably your problem is related.

Please check the following thread from November 2004:
Subject: [Xorp-users] user group problem to run xorpsh
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2004-November/thread.html

The thread contains info how to track a similar problem.

Pavlin