[Xorp-users] Not able to enter to conf mode

sudheer.kalyanashetty@wipro.com sudheer.kalyanashetty@wipro.com
Fri, 26 Aug 2005 13:27:04 +0530

Pavlin,
I just deleted the user and created again with group xorp and it started
working.

Thanks

Best regards,
Sudheer

-----Original Message-----
From: Pavlin Radoslavov [mailto:pavlin@icir.org]
Sent: Friday, August 26, 2005 12:53 PM
To: Sudheer Kalyanashetty (WT01 - Semiconductors & Consumer Electronics)
Cc: pavlin@icir.org; xorp-users@xorp.org
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] Not able to enter to conf mode

> I am using XORP version 1.1 and Red hat linux release 9.
>
> I tried to checkout xorp from CVS and I could not..
>
> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$ setenv CVSROOT
> :pserver:xorpcvs@cvs.xorp.org:/cvs
> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$ cvs login
> Logging in to :pserver:xorpcvs@cvs.xorp.org:2401/cvs
> CVS password:
> Unknown host cvs.xorp.org.

It looks like there is hostname issue. Can you try:
nslookup cvs.xorp.org

> [sudheer@NPE ~/xorp_new]$
>
> Which is latest version of XORP in which this BUG is fixed and how can

> I get it ?

After checking earlier modifications of the relevant code, I realized
that I lied to you. The particular fix I had in mind was applied before
release 1.1 but probably your problem is related.

Please check the following thread from November 2004:
Subject: [Xorp-users] user group problem to run xorpsh
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2004-November/thre
ad.html

The thread contains info how to track a similar problem.

Pavlin

Confidentiality Notice

you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender at Wipro or Mailadmin@wipro.com immediately