[Xorp-users] join messages not sent out (from IGMP to PIM)

Daniel Sievers sievers@hilton.rwth-aachen.de
Thu, 01 Dec 2005 23:44:08 +0100

Hi,

I have a router running xorp and am trying to receive stream on the
local net from an external RP.

"show igmp group" does show me the clients as having joined the group.
But it does not register with the RP then.

"show pim join all"
Group           Source          RP              Flags
224.0.0.0       xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx RP
    Upstream interface (RP):   eth1
    Upstream MRIB next hop (RP): xxx.xxx.xx.xxx
    Upstream state:            NotJoined
    Join timer:                -1
    Joins RP:                  ...
    Join state:                ...
    Prune state:               ...
    Prune pending state:       ...
    Could assert WC:           ...
    I am DR:                   OOO
    Immediate olist RP:        ...
    Inherited olist SG:        ...
    Inherited olist SG_RPT:    ...

So xorp does not seem to be sending out join messages via pim.
When enabling all traces, I can see the IGMP join and I can see
PIM_HELLOs from the RP. I cann not see it sending out join messages via pim.

I am using the example config from the website mainly. I have tried
configuring the RP statically, but with the same result. Anyhow the RP
seems to be recognized correctly. Scope is fine, so is the next hop.

What could be the causing problem?

Do I have to configure igmp on the local vif only or on both?
How about pim, do I need to activate that on the external vif only or on
both?

Thanks!
-Daniel