[Xorp-users] RAM-Usage

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 09 Dec 2005 12:52:17 -0800

> > Also, how many groups and senders are there, and what is the size of
> > the  unicast routing table.
>
> First of all I am connected to the MBone, so there are quite a few
> senders. In the internal network I have at the moment three senders (and
> some MACs with their multicast low-bandwith thingy) putting out about
> 300 MBit/sec together. About 200 addresses/groups are used for that.
> Only about 50 MBit/sec (maximum) are streamed out atm.

Are those senders directly connected to XORP and is XORP the DR for
the LAN with the senders. If the senders are transmitting with
relatively high bw, I am trying to find out whether this translates
into PIM Registers overhead in user space (inside xorp_pimsm4).

> The Unicast Routing Table is very small, just one internal and one
> external network (Unicast Routing is not handled by XORP I think).

Even if the unicast routing is not handled by XORP, the
unicast routing table is converged into MRIB that is inside
xorp_pimsm4. Though, please double-check with "netstat -rn" that the
kernel forwarding table is indeed very small.

Pavlin