[Xorp-users] RAM-Usage

Carsten Otto c-otto@gmx.de
Fri, 9 Dec 2005 21:58:56 +0100

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On Fri, Dec 09, 2005 at 12:52:17PM -0800, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> Are those senders directly connected to XORP and is XORP the DR for
> the LAN with the senders. If the senders are transmitting with
> relatively high bw, I am trying to find out whether this translates
> into PIM Registers overhead in user space (inside xorp_pimsm4).

Between XORP and the senders is one switch (HP 6108) for the most busy
sender and this 6108 and another switch, AT Rapier G6, between XORP and
the other senders. Of course XORP is DR :) This causes XORP to request
quite a lot of traffic, which is not my problem (but perhaps causes this
overhead).

> Even if the unicast routing is not handled by XORP, the
> unicast routing table is converged into MRIB that is inside
> xorp_pimsm4. Though, please double-check with "netstat -rn" that the
> kernel forwarding table is indeed very small.

It is.
--=20
Carsten Otto
c-otto@gmx.de