[Xorp-users] Local-preference

Mike Horn caddisconsulting@yahoo.com
Mon, 19 Dec 2005 08:19:25 -0700

Hi Atanu,

Just for additional clarification, this example will fail if entered via the
command line due to XORP bug 347 (BGP export policy requires "protocol").
But I'm assuming it works if configured as part of a configuration file.

Also, XORP bug 288 ("show bgp routes" commands) requests that the additional
BGP prefix details, like Local Pref are provided with the "detail" option.
I will add a list of the specific attributes that should be displayed,
please verify after I update it (Kristian I'm adding you as a CC to the bug,
I hope that's ok).

-mike

-----Original Message-----
From: xorp-users-admin@xorp.org [mailto:xorp-users-admin@xorp.org] On Behalf
Of Atanu Ghosh
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 2:57 AM
To: Kristian Larsson; xorp-users@xorp.org
Subject: Re: [Xorp-users] Local-preference

Hi,

You can use the to clause to select a neighbour:

policy {
    policy-statement localpref {
	term localpref {
	   to {
		neighbour: 10.0.0.1
	   }
	   then {
		localpref: 120
	   }
	}
    }
}

To apply this policy to BGP:

protocols {
    bgp {
	export: "localpref"

There is currently no way to discover the local-pref value that was
associated with an incoming route.

One way of verifying that the policy has been correctly applied is to trace
all the outgoing update messages.

protocol {
    bgp {
	traceoptions {