[Xorp-users] IPv6 Multicast and XORP on Linux

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Fri, 23 Dec 2005 23:22:19 -0800

> I'm using XORP on a multicast network that uses PIM-SM (too many CISCO
> routers  !!);
>
> Few months ago I tried to run XORP on a linux machine to work as a IPv6
> multicast (PIM-SM/MLD) router. It did not worked for me. I tried the USAGI
> patch with the latest kernel version. Kernel and XORP Compilations were ok
> but XORP refused to work. I'm sure that configuration is ok. IPv4
> multicast runs nice.
>
> So, I wanna know.... there's a way to get XORP working with IPv6 multicast
> on a Linux machine? How can I do it?

Can you be more specific what exactly doesn't work?

Same question has been asked recently on the list. See the following
email about a brief summary of the current status:
http://mailman.icsi.berkeley.edu/pipermail/xorp-users/2005-November/000901.html

Pavlin