[Xorp-users] error with XRLs

Jeff Krasky kras0021@umn.edu
Thu, 03 Feb 2005 18:33:53 CST

> In your first email you said that you have declared inside your
> bgp_beacon.hh file the variable
>
> EventLoop _eventloop;
>
> One thing that comes to mind is that you may have end-up with more
> than one eventloop. Inside your program you cannot have more than
> one. Hence, I'd recommend that you declare the eventloop inside the
> main program, and then pass it as a reference to the BgpBeacon
> constructor.

I was only creating one instance of bgp_beacon, but I made the variable
static just to be safe.

>     In your case it may be sufficient to add
>     a config statement like:
>
> protocols {
>     bgp_beacon {
>     }
> }

I did this and my program gets started right after the bgp module.

I still get the error "XrlRouter failed.  No Finder?" and then my module
abnormally exits.  Here is how I declare my XrlRouter:

HEADER FILE:
------------
XrlStdRouter *_xrl_router;

SOURCE FILE:
in my ctor() I have the following two lines:

_xrl_router = new XrlStdRouter(_eventloop, "bgp_beacon");
wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready(_eventloop, *_xrl_router);

I am under the impression that I am using the default finder host and
finder port.  Should I try specifying them?

Thanks,

Jeff