[Xorp-users] error with XRLs

Jeff Krasky kras0021@umn.edu
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 18:54:38 CST

> In general, please have a look in
> static_routes/xorp_static_routes.cc how it is done. It is relatively
> short and simple, so comparing it against your code may show you
> where the problem is. E.g., in the static_routes code, there is
> another declaration right before wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready(),
> and this declaration _has_ to be before
> wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready().

I believe you were referring to the call to
xrl_static_routes_node(eventloop, &xrl_std_router_static_routes, "fea",
"rib"); being as I had mentioned I was making the other calls.

I am writing back to mention that I don't think this declration has to be
before the call to wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready().  The only thing that I
could track down in the chain of calls stemming from this was a call to
ctor ServiceBase() that happens in the module's ctor initialization list.
But even with this commented out, my program still works now.  (I found my
other problem.)  I believe the major obstacle was not calling the
finalize() method that you wrote about in another one of your emails to me.

Just thought I would point this out so that it can sit in the message
archive tar file.

Thanks for all the help,

Jeff