[Xorp-users] error with XRLs

Jeff Krasky kras0021@umn.edu
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:06:50 CST

> I believe you were referring to the call to
> xrl_static_routes_node(eventloop, &xrl_std_router_static_routes, "fea",
> "rib"); being as I had mentioned I was making the other calls.
>
> I am writing back to mention that I don't think this declration has to be
> before the call to wait_until_xrl_router_is_ready().  The only thing that
> could track down in the chain of calls stemming from this was a call to
> ctor ServiceBase() that happens in the module's ctor initialization list.

> But even with this commented out, my program still works now.  (I found
my
> other problem.)  I believe the major obstacle was not calling the
> finalize() method that you wrote about in another one of your emails to
me.

> Just thought I would point this out so that it can sit in the message
> archive tar file.

I guess I should add a addendum to this email.  Maybe we need to call the
ServiceBase() ctor.  Turns out that when I wasn't calling it, my XRL calls
would work ok SOMETIMES (enough for me to get the confidence to write my
previous email) but now I see that occassionally I get error 220 Bad XRL.
When I put the call to ServiceBase() ctor back in my code I don't seem to
get it.

Anyone have any comments on this?

Jeff