[Xorp-users] ServiceBase

Jeff Krasky kras0021@umn.edu
Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:26:40 CST

> One thing the ServiceBase constructor does is to set the status to
> READY. Maybe this makes the difference in your code?
>
> In your case it all may depend how you use the ServiceStatus codes?

I actually don't use the status codes at all.  I just did some more
experimenting and I realized I don't even need to call the ServiceBase()
ctor.  As long as my module inherits from 'public ServiceBase' and has two
methods:

bool startup() {return true;}
bool shutdown() {return true;}

to adhere to the interface, then I don't get the malformed XRL error that I
got when I didn't inherit from ServiceBase.

Jeff