[Xorp-users] Simple configuration

Iain Grant iain_grant@onetel.com
Wed, 16 Feb 2005 08:57:08 +0000

Thanks Pavlin,

I don't know if a simple PIM-SM is what I need ?
As I said I am new and unexperienced in these things.

A quick explanation of what I am after is this.

I have a Linux box on a network, I want to add a seperate network card to the
box and pass only multicast messages between the two network cards, nothing
else.

Is Xorp my best solution. I don't want to have any other routers involved if I
can help it.

I will admit now, I am not a network expert. That may be why I am
struggling to
set this up.

Thanks

Iain