[Xorp-users] A doubt

Pavlin Radoslavov pavlin@icir.org
Thu, 17 Feb 2005 12:00:33 -0800

>           Well... i'm a beginning in Xorp and Linux... but i have that
> roter a machine to protocol Pim-sm... but when i tryed to install, the
> Xorp didnt pass in the "gmake check". And i dont know where is the
> arquive of teste's outputs. But i think that problem was in
> test_rib1.sh

What was the platform you used to run "gmake check"? Mandrake-9.1?
In any case, please do the following:
cd bgp/harness
./test_rib1.sh
and send the output with the error messages from your xterm.
If you want to redirect the output to a file, then use
./test_rib1.sh 2>&1 > my_log
[if your login shell is sh]
OR
./test_rib1.sh >& my_log
[if your login shell is csh or tcsh]

If the failure was in some other test, then just run "gmake check",
in that directory (you can redirect the output to a file as in the
above examples), and trace it to the particular test.

BTW, if you are to use only PIM-SM, then the failure in test_rib1.sh
may not affect you.

>         and i have another doubt. Which is requests of the Xorp?
> because we are using the Mandrake Linux 9.1, with development tools of
> the version.

I don't understand your question. Do you mean what OS you should use
to run XORP?
README contains a list of the supported platforms.
BUILD_NOTES contains an additional list with the platforms we have
tried XORP on (and the potential issues with some of those
platforms).