[Xorp-users] a newbie's question about xorp

Dondon Carlos dondonc@asti.dost.gov.ph
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:52:00 +0800

Good morning, guys!

I am installing the xorp for my Unidirectional Link router. I loaded the
Free-BSD 4.10 in the box and I installed xorp. THe lan card I'm using
has 4 interfaces and FreeBSD recognizes them as ste0, ste1,ste2 and
ste3. THe ste0 interface points to the satellite link and the ste1
points to the LAN part of the network. I followed the instructions
handed in to me. It includes installing net-snmp and gmake. I also
created the xorp group using the command
    pw groupadd xorp -g 12000
I configured and installed the xorp then I made the config.boot.
Here is the exact copy of the config.boot:
interfaces {
    interface ste0 {
       enabled: true
       default-system-config
    }
    interface ste1 {
       enabled: true
       default-system-config
    }
}
plumbing {
    mfea4 {
       enabled: true
       interface ste0 {
          vif ste0 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       interface ste1 {
          vif ste1 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       interface register_vif {
          vif register_vif {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       /*traceoptions {
          flag all {
             enabled: true
          }
       } */
    }
}
protocols {
    igmp {
       enabled: true
       interface ste0 {
          vif ste0 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       interface ste1 {
          vif ste1 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       /*traceoptions {
          flag all {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
    }
}
protocols {
    pimsm4 {
       enabled: true
       interface ste0 {
          vif ste0 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       interface ste1 {
          vif ste1 {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       interface register_vif {
          vif register_vif {
             enabled: true
          }
       }
       switch-to-spt-threshold {
          enabled: true
          interval-sec: 100
          bytes: 102400
       }
    }
}
protocols {
    fib2mrib {
       enabled: true
    }
}

After this I typed the command:
    /usr/local/xorp/bin/xorp_rtrmgr &

and I received the error message,

[.... ERROR xorp_rtrmgr:6354 RTRMGR +311 main_rtrmgr.cc run] rtrmgr
shutting down due to init error: PARSE ERROR [Config File
/usr/local/xorp/config.boot, line 2] No template found in template map;
last symbol parsed was "ste0"

Can anyone help me here? Thank you very much in advance.

CHeers,
Dondon