[Xorp-users] XORP + User Click

Marko Zec zec@icir.org
Fri, 14 Jan 2005 23:13:00 +0100

On Friday 14 January 2005 22:02, Pavlin Radoslavov wrote:
> Myself I am not familiar enough with Click configurations to say
> whether it is possible to create user-level Click configuration that
> can pick-up the packets originated from the local host so they can
> be forwarded by user-level Click.

KernelTun() element could help in such scenarios, and should work for
both receiving and sending packets from Click to the OS.  Here's an
example config (pretty much useless, though):

rt :: LinearIPLookup(
                192.168.200.200/30 2,
                161.53.0.0/16 0,
                10.0.0.0/8 1
                );

kt :: KernelTun(10.1.2.3/24);

kt -> rt;

rt[0] -> Print("0") -> Discard;
rt[1] -> Print("1") -> Discard;
rt[2] -> Print("2") -> kt;

At least on FreeBSD, this will automatically instantiate a "tun" network
interface in the kernel, and any packets sent down this interface will
then show up in Click.

Hope this helps,

Marko