[Xorp-users] a newbie's question about xorp

Mark Handley M.Handley@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:20:17 +0000

>Sorry but I forgot to put the extra '*/' in my mail. However, I checked
>the config in my UDLR and there is the */ to close the comment. I'm
>still wondering what possibly could go worng here? I still receive the
>same error message.

It is possible that there is no interface.tp files in the place that
the rtrmgr is searching for configuration templates.  If this was the
case, then rtrmgr would not know about the interface keyword.

If you're running out of the compilation directory, this shouldn't be
a problem if you've got a full XORP checkout.  If you're running from
an installed directory, then we'd need to know that rtrmgr is
searching the right place.

You should be able to run something like this to check:

vulture.xorp.org: ./xorp_rtrmgr -v -n -b config.boot
[ 2005/01/15 12:18:30 TRACE xorp_rtrmgr RTRMGR ] Boot file                  := config.boot
[ 2005/01/15 12:18:30 TRACE xorp_rtrmgr RTRMGR ] Templates directory        := /home/vulture/u0/mjh/xorp/xorp/etc/templates
[ 2005/01/15 12:18:30 TRACE xorp_rtrmgr RTRMGR ] Xrl targets directory      := /home/vulture/u0/mjh/xorp/xorp/xrl/targets
[ 2005/01/15 12:18:30 TRACE xorp_rtrmgr RTRMGR ] Execute Xrls               := false

Then check that the templates directory that is being searched does
actually contain a reasonable version of interfaces.tp

Cheers,
	Mark